Prompts to inspire and guide your story:
- Do you remember the moment of diagnosis? What did you hear, smell, see, feel at that time?
- Do you have any words of wisdom or advice about dealing with illness that you would like to share?
- What would you like to tell the health care providers you have interacted with? Is there anything they did particularly well, or particularly badly? What would you like to teach them to help them do their job better?
- What important lesson(s) have you learned in facing illness?
- Has illness changed your goals and passions? If so, how?
- Have your personal relationships changed as you have dealt with illness?
- How have you grown (emotionally, psychologically, creatively, spiritually, etc.) through this illness experience?
- What has been the hardest part about dealing with illness?
- If you could do everything again, would you do anything differently?
- In your life so far, is there anything important that has been left unsaid?
- When you are gone, how do you want to be remembered?
- What is your fondest memory?
- How has illness changed the way you think about yourself?
- Does spirituality play a role in your life? If so, how has your spirituality been a part of your illness experience?
© All Rights Reserved, 2018